UK Technical Engineer
Salary Commensurate with Experience
As part of our on-going investment in our UK-based resource pool, EPS Water is seeking an individual to assist with our design and technical support activities. The successful candidate will provide expertise, technical support and practical assistance to the EPS project teams and out clients. The candidate will be reporting to the UK Technical Manager.
The role would suit a flexible and enthusiastic individual with an inquisitive mind and a water industry background. They will need to be self-motivated, a good communicator and willing to work in a small business environment.
The role will be based at our office in Alton, Hampshire but with local and some nationwide travel and occasional visits to our Group headquarters in Ireland. Some limited remote working may be possible by agreement.
- Competitive salary/OTE, negotiable according to skills and experience.
- Expenses scheme. Employee assistance programme including health screening.
- Company pension scheme offered
- Access to training and development
- Relocation support may be considered on a case-by-case basis
- Technical Applications:
- Supporting the Technical Manager in the development and specification of new solutions and technologies.
- Writing of technical responses for client queries and bid documents.
- Assessment of third party technologies.
- Developing a technical offering for new market initiatives.
- Researching and presenting technical market intelligence.
- Technical report writing.
- Project Delivery Support:
- Providing local/regional assistance to project teams for site visits, meetings, etc.
- Be willing to manage or support certain low-value or local projects.
- Producing case studies of some completed projects.
- Business Development Support:
- Visiting client sites and meetings as part of the information gathering process.
- Drafting of technical sections of proposal documents.
- Assisting with the pricing of project proposals.
- Reviewing proposals drafted by others and editing/formatting prior to submission.
- Assisting with project handovers between the Business Development and Contracts teams.
- Other Duties:
- Attendance at team meetings, in person or remotely.
- Attendance at certain industry meetings or events.
- Supporting the management the Alton office when other workers are away or on leave.
- Other duties as may arise from time to time that are consistent with the job-holder’s knowledge and skills, and are needed to effectively perform the role.
- Engineering or science degree, HND or equivalent
- Minimum one-year postgraduate experience in a project engineering, technical sales/support or applications/R&D role within the utilities sector and/or M&E engineering environment.
- Experience within the UK water industry is a distinct advantage.
- Able to demonstrate an ability to work on multiple projects or initiatives simultaneously.
- Advanced MS Office skills with the ability to analyse and manipulate data sets.
- Report writing skills.
- Good communication skills, able to interact effectively with Clients and colleagues.
- Strong analytical and interpretive skills, ability to deliver data in a user friendly and relevant manner.
- Organisational skills with a commitment to the role and a keen eye for detail.
- Willingness to travel nationwide (including overnight stays) and to the EPS Group headquarters in Ireland as required.
- Full driving licence, any existing endorsements should be declared in the application.