UK Project Engineer (Contracts)
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Established in 1968, EPS began as a modest electrical and pumping services business and developed into an innovative, internationally exporting product and service provider, focused upon the water, wastewater and clean technology sectors.
EPS is proud to be a genuine end-to-end service provider in the global water sector, providing large scale employment and bringing market leading, ground breaking and sustainable technologies to the market, while we work to improve water infrastructure in the regions where we are active.
Building the capabilities of our people is one of our key strategic pillars and we firmly believe in investing in our people’s success and the provision of continuous skills-based training and education.
Your journey is just beginning when you join EPS Group!
As part of the on-going growth of our UK business, EPS Group is seeking a Project Engineer to assist with the planning, development and delivery of assigned projects. The focus of the role will be primarily on the delivery of larger contracts and off-site build solutions offered by EPS for the water industry.
Reporting To: Senior Project Manager (Contracts)
The role would suit a flexible and enthusiastic individual with an inquisitive mind and a water industry background. They will need to be self-motivated, a good communicator and willing to work in a small business environment.
Based at our office in Mallow, Co. Cork, Ireland, with the potential for occasional travel within the UK and Ireland. Some limited remote working may be possible by agreement.
- Competitive salary/OTE, negotiable according to skills and experience.
- Expenses scheme. Employee assistance programme including health screening.
- Company pension scheme offered. Access to training and development.
- Relocation support may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This role may suit a UK-based individual seeking an opportunity to work abroad for an extended period, with the potential to transfer into another role upon their return to the UK.
- General Duties:
- Supporting Team Lead / Project Manager(s) in the delivery of water and wastewater treatment projects to help ensure they a completed on-time and within budget.
- Co-ordinating with site, workshop and office-based personnel working on each project to ensure contracts are delivered within the awarded conditions of contract.
- Conducting site visits to plan, monitor and close out project delivery activities.
- Client liaison for project delivery planning, to communicate tracked changes or developments to the contract and other specific contract management.
- Liaising with all personnel working on the project regarding all aspects of the contract to confirm that each stage is happening properly and on schedule.
- Project Planning & Communications:
- Ensure all relevant HSQE documentation is up to standard and in place in a timely fashion for all projects undertaken.
- Timeline planning of all installations from awarding of contract to completion and handover of all documentation.
- Organising, planning, and attending technical meetings with clients and consulting engineers.
- Ensuring all documentation for the project is current and saved within the project folder.
- Health, Safety, Environment & Quality (HSEQ):
- Enforcing safe work practices onsite and ensuring that policies and procedures are always adhered to during the design and installation.
- Reporting accidents, incidents, dangerous occurrences and / or near misses to the UK Contracts Manager and Safety Manager.
- Liaising with internal safety officers and auditors during site inspections.
- Accommodating site inspections from clients, the HSE and other external bodies.
- Liaising with the project teams to ensure that health and safety is considered at every aspect of design and to ensure compliance with design specification.
- Recording and closing out non-conformances and ensuring that the corrective action, root cause and preventative / improvement actions are successfully identified.
- Coordinating the financial elements of the project to achieve target goals.
- Purchasing and acquisition of project cost components including labour, parts, materials, plant etc.
- Coordinating the entry of relevant data on the internal Company IFS system.
- Retrieval of relevant financial reports from the internal Company IFS system for monthly project status reporting.
- Other Duties:
- Attend Contracts team meetings, in person or remotely.
- Producing case studies of completed projects.
- Other duties as may arise from time to time that are consistent with the job-holder’s knowledge and skills and are needed to effectively perform the role.
- Engineering or science degree, HND or equivalent
- Minimum one-year postgraduate experience in a project engineering, technical sales/support or applications/R&D role within the utilities sector and/or M&E engineering environment.
- Experience within the UK water industry is a distinct advantage.
- Able to demonstrate an ability to work on multiple projects or initiatives simultaneously.
- Advanced MS Office skills with the ability to analyse and manipulate data sets.
- Report writing skills.
- Good communication skills, able to interact effectively with Clients and colleagues.
- Strong analytical and interpretive skills, ability to deliver data in a user friendly and relevant manner.
- Organisational skills with a commitment to the role and a keen eye for detail.
- Willingness to travel nationwide (including overnight stays) and to the EPS Group headquarters in Ireland as required.
- Full driving licence, any existing endorsements should be declared in the application.