UK Mechanical Fitter (Chemical Dosing)
Salary Commensurate with Experience
As part of our on-going investment in our UK-based resource pool, EPS Water has immediate vacancies for Mechanical Fitters to join our Delivery Team, focusing on the assembly and installation of chemical dosing equipment.
The role would suit a flexible, enthusiastic and organised individual with a strong work ethic and water industry experience. They will need to be self-motivated, a good communicator and willing to work in a small business environment.
Based at our UK sales office in Thetford, Norfolk. Regular regional and nationwide travel will be required, with possible occasional visits to our Group headquarters in Ireland.
- Competitive salary/OTE, negotiable according to skills and experience.
- Expenses scheme. Employee assistance programme including health screening.
- Company pension scheme offered. Access to training and development.
- Relocation support may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Carrying out factory assembly and on-site mechanical installation works associated with chemical dosing systems for wastewater and water treatment plants.
- Adherence to required standards, policies and statutory regulations for Health & Safety.
- Ensuring that all systems are installed, tested and commissioning to relevant British, ISO and client standards.
- Completing repairs, upgrades and refurbishment works to existing installed systems.
- Applying industry best practice and workmanship to ensure a ‘right first time’ outcome is achieved during installation.
- Pump installations, inspections and general maintenance tasks
- Working with various types of pipework – e.g. PVC, ABS, stainless steel including welding and adhesives
- Working collaboratively with colleagues, customers, suppliers and other contractors.
- Complying with all relevant Risk Assessments, Method Statements, Safe Systems of Work Plans, and working in a safe and responsible manner at all times.
- Completion of daily reports and ensuring company HSQE policies are maintained for all activities.
- Identifying and promoting new ideas and improvements to the business via the appropriate reporting mechanisms.
- Other duties as may arise from time to time that are consistent with the job-holder’s knowledge and skills, and are needed to effectively perform the role
- Engineering, science or similar to HND, HNC or equivalent level.
- Minimum two years’ experience in a similar role within the utilities sector and/or M&E engineering environment.
- Candidates should have experience in chemical dosing, plastic pipework and site mechanical works, ideally in the water sector.
- Experience of structural steelwork and steel product installation would be an advantage
- Electrical awareness and training would be an advantage.
- Good communication skills, able to interact effectively with Clients and colleagues.
- Experience within the UK water industry is a distinct advantage.
- Willingness to travel regionally and nationwide on a regular basis (including overnight stays), and to the EPS Group headquarters in Ireland as required.
- Full driving licence, any existing endorsements must be declared in the application.