Site Project Manager
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Established in 1968, EPS began as a modest electrical and pumping services business and developed into an innovative, internationally exporting product and service provider, focused upon the water, wastewater and clean technology sectors.
EPS is proud to be a genuine end-to-end service provider in the global water sector, providing large scale employment and bringing market leading, ground breaking and sustainable technologies to the market, while we work to improve water infrastructure in the regions where we are active.
Building the capabilities of our people is one of our key strategic pillars and we firmly believe in investing in our people’s success and the provision of continuous skills-based training and education.
Your journey is just beginning when you join EPS Group!
As part of our on-going investment in our UK-based resource pool, EPS Water is seeking an individual to manage the on-site delivery of our secured project at Rickinghall (near Diss), Suffolk starting in October 2022. The project comprises the construction and commissioning of a quality and capacity upgrade to an existing water treatment plant. The works will include planned permanent and temporary shutdowns of existing assets, a staged commissioning process and start-up of a new supply borehole. EPS’s scope covers the process and MEICA elements including the new main treatment equipment.
Upon completion, other project(s) will be assigned or an alternative suitable role/function agreed, based at another site or in one of our branch offices (e.g. Thetford or Alton).
The role would suit a self-motivated individual with demonstrable worksite management experience and a water industry background, including experience in delivering drinking water projects. They will need to be a good communicator and willing to work within a site team and collaboratively alongside clients and fellow subcontractors. Some previous project management experience would be desirable.
Initially based on site in Rickinghall, Suffolk, with visits to our nearby Thetford office and some home-based working likely. Possibility of some other local or nationwide travel, plus visits to our Group headquarters in Ireland. On completion of the initial project, the main place of work will change to another site, home or Thetford by agreement.
- General Duties:
- Management of EPS site personnel and subcontractors.
- Liaising with the EPS Senior Project Manager / Project Engineer on all aspects of the project.
- Liaising with all personnel working on the project regarding all aspects of the contract.
- Maintaining a high standard of positive communication with our client site teams
- Writing engineering reports, commissioning schedules, etc.
- Project Planning & Communications:
- Ensuring that all day-to-day activities are planned, co-ordinated and carried out on time and in a safe manner.
- Implementing planned timelines of all installation activities.
- Maintaining and updating the project programme with the Senior Project Manager.
- Planning and attending technical and commercial meetings with clients and consultants.
- Ensuring all documentation for the project is current and saved within the project folder.
- Health, Safety, Environment & Quality (HSEQ):
- Enforcing safe work practices onsite and ensuring that policies and procedures are adhered to at all times during the installation.
- Inducting onsite personnel, subcontractors and visitors.
- Maintaining current training certificates for onsite personnel and subcontractors particular to each task being carried out.
- Ensuring all employees and subcontractors are wearing the correct PPE at all times.
- Maintaining current certificates and inspection records for all plant and equipment used onsite ensuring that any defects identified are repaired in a timely manner. Defected plant and equipment must be removed from use and clearly identified.
- Ensuring that electrical equipment and power tools are PAT tested and free from defects.
- Displaying the appropriate warning signs onsite.
- Maintaining good housekeeping and ensuring that all walkways are kept clear of all obstruction.
- Ensuring that the relevant permits to work are completed and approved prior to commencement of works.
- Implementing Emergency Plans when required.
- Writing method statements, risk assessments, etc.
- Communicating method statements, risk assessments and procedures to employees and subcontractors onsite.
- Enforcing health, safety, quality and environmental procedures outlined in the Design Safety Plan, Construction Safety Plan, Quality Plan, Environmental Plan, and Traffic Management Plan, etc.
- Recording and closing non-conformances in the ERP system and ensuring that the corrective action, root cause and preventative / improvement actions are successfully identified.
- Accommodating HSQE site inspections from the client or other external bodies, and ensuring that non-conformances identified during these inspections are successfully closed in a timely manner.
- Reporting accidents, incidents, dangerous occurrences and / or near misses to the Project Manager, Health & Safety Manager, HR Manager (and statutory bodies if relevant) in a timely manner.
- Carrying out toolbox talks.
- Other Duties:
- Attend Contracts team meetings, in person or remotely.
- Maintaining and nurturing customer relationships.
- Checking and signing off on deliveries.
- Maintaining site security where needed.
- Other duties as may arise from time to time that are consistent with the job-holder’s knowledge and skills, and are needed to effectively perform the role.
- Relevant 3rd level qualification required.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar project management role.