Salary Commensurate with Experience
Established in 1968, EPS began as a modest electrical and pumping services business and developed into an innovative, internationally exporting product and service provider, focused upon the water, wastewater and clean technology sectors.
EPS is proud to be a genuine end-to-end service provider in the global water sector, providing large scale employment and bringing market leading, ground breaking and sustainable technologies to the market, while we work to improve water infrastructure in the regions where we are active.
Building the capabilities of our people is one of our key strategic pillars and we firmly believe in investing in our people’s success and the provision of continuous skills-based training and education.
Your journey is just beginning when you join EPS Group!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Site Engineer to assist with supervision of on-going sites works. The successful candidate will liaise with EPS site staff as well as our sub-contractors in the coordination of site activities including civil/structural works and MEICA install as well as ensuring all site works are done to highest level of HSQE Standards
• Assist with the purchasing and acquisition of all BOQ items for projects including labour, parts and materials
• Timeline planning of all civil & MEICA installations from awarding of contract to completion and handover of all documentation
• Coordinate site labour for projects
• Support with the completion of projects on time and within budget
• Writing engineering reports, method statements and commissioning schedules
• Management Health & Safety documentation and enforcement of safe work practices onsite during all EPS installation
• Assist with the design review to identify design gaps and deviations or contractions in specifications
• Ensure that technical assessments are completed as required and technical issues are resolved without delay
• Manage submittals through the approvals process, track procurement and delivery of equipment and complete the receipt verification process once equipment is delivered
• Review the installation with the Design team to ensure it is constructible and that there is adequate space for installation and maintenance of all equipment and cabling
• Liaise with the design team & supply chain to ensure systems are compliant with specifications and drawings
• Attend quality meetings and participate in QA/QC walk downs when required
• Evaluate the RFI responses to ensure that there are no engineering issues with them
• Review and answer technical queries from site in relation to specifications/drawings/materials and equipment
• Ensure site supervisors are working off latest drawings at all times
• Issue requisitions and ensure all materials delivered are as per specifications and submittals
• Proficiency in PC skills to include reading ACAD and all MS office and project software
• Working knowledge of conditions of contracts
• Excellent inter-personal skills and communication skills
• Strong engineering, analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong collaborative skills with an ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Have a willingness to learn and be challenged in the water and wastewater industry
• Experience in implementing opportunities and initiatives in a time restricted schedule
• Organise and plan technical meetings with clients and consulting engineers
• Develop specific goals and plans to prioritise, organise and accomplish stated deadlines
• Project engineering / site management / civil &/or MEICA installation, personnel management and any water &/or wastewater industry experience will be an advantage