Salary Commensurate with Experience
Established in 1968, EPS began as a modest electrical and pumping services business and developed into an innovative, internationally exporting product and service provider, focused upon the water, wastewater and clean technology sectors.
EPS is proud to be a genuine end-to-end service provider in the global water sector, providing large scale employment and bringing market leading, ground breaking and sustainable technologies to the market, while we work to improve water infrastructure in the regions where we are active.
Building the capabilities of our people is one of our key strategic pillars and we firmly believe in investing in our people’s success and the provision of continuous skills-based training and education.
Your journey is just beginning when you join EPS Group!
We require a suitably qualified/experienced Mechanical Pump Repair Technician to join our Service and Repair team based in our Centre for Service & Repair Excellence in Mallow. Preferably with experience working in the water and wastewater, pharmaceutical, food production or similar industry. The role will involve supporting and enabling the team by providing services to recondition pumps, motors, gearboxes etc. to factory specification. They will provide technical knowledge for in-house and field service jobs.
- Complete inspection and assessment procedures of units to be repaired
- Disassemble, clean, and inspect components for repair
- Prepare job instructions, listing parts and reading mechanical parts drawings
- Ability to diagnose and determine parts to be replaced
- Assemble system components and recommend solutions
- Troubleshoot and repair of pumping equipment
- Carry out testing procedures and performance details on repaired units
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance activities on equipment
- Strong knowledge of motors, pumps and gearboxes
- Experience in the servicing of pumps incl. dosing, centrifugal, multistage, and progressive cavity pumps
- Ability to work as part of a team or on own initiative
- Possess good organisational and interpersonal skills
- Effectively communicate with the office and Service teams
- Working knowledge of and compliance with current H&S legislation
- Candidates should be flexible regarding working hours
- Qualified Fitter/Mechanic with relevant experience in a similar field
- Minimum of an associate mechanical trade/diploma certificate or equivalent vocational/technical training and experience
- Experience in repair and troubleshooting of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatics of complex pumping systems