Salary Commensurate with Experience
Established in 1968, EPS began as a modest electrical and pumping services business and developed into an innovative, internationally exporting product and service provider, focused upon the water, wastewater and clean technology sectors.
EPS is proud to be a genuine end-to-end service provider in the global water sector, providing large scale employment and bringing market leading, ground breaking and sustainable technologies to the market, while we work to improve water infrastructure in the regions where we are active.
Building the capabilities of our people is one of our key strategic pillars and we firmly believe in investing in our people’s success and the provision of continuous skills-based training and education.
Your journey is just beginning when you join EPS Group!
We have an immediate vacancy for a Project Manager in the Contracts department.
In this role you will have the opportunity to be at the heart of one of our business units.
- Management, supervision and co-ordination of a team of foremen, engineers, safety personnel & document control and field installations
- Representing the projects interests at client meetings & participation in and documentation of project coordination meetings
- Monitor and document job site safety and accident prevention
- Construction planning & scheduling
- Procurement and expediting of material & equipment
- Mechanical and systems coordination
- Project cost review, reporting, updating and accounting
- Research and suggest options on construction means, methods and equipment
- Project closeout including hand over of completed safety file
- Implementing all applicable safety programmes and EEO/affirmative action programmes on the project
- Coordinate process mechanical services and cleanroom validation where necessary
- Undertake regular formal inspections of sites and consultants work in accordance with company policy
- Prepare progress reports and technical reports for clients and for internal use
- Timeline planning of all installations from awarding of contract to completion and handover of all documentation including planning and overseeing the commissioning & validation of the plant and mechanical systems
- Management of EPS performance against Contractual KPIs
- Management of the on-site PSDP & PSCS duties and responsibilities
- Develop and encourage a culture of innovation and initiative to all matters HSQE. Embrace the fundamentals of Communication — Co-ordination — Co-operation and Collaboration
- Management of site documentation: – Signage – Audits – Method Statements – Reports – Site sub-contractor documentation
- Management of day to day communications & documentation with the ER and site RE staff, by way of a positive and pro-active approach working in a team environment via excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Co-ordination of all EPS internal aspects of the project deliverables. This includes mechanical and electrical works, associated documentation. Preparation and completion of handover documentation, testing, commissioning and process proving documentation
- Management of day to day communications & documentation with civil sub-contractors including civil design co-ordination between EPS civil designer and EPS civil sub-contractors
- Co-ordination of ecology & archaeology requirements
- Maintain a site report sheet on a daily basis to capture, times of all personnel on site, brief description of works been done, RE instructions. Delays – ESB etc (Mobile Work Order in development to track times on site and areas of work being carried out but good practice to maintain diary until MWO fully trialled and tested)
- Update works programme as required
- Provision of monthly site reports
- Carry out other relevant tasks as required from time to time by management
- Third level mechanical, civil or electrical engineering degree/diploma or craft qualification would be an advantage
- Candidates with life experience in similar role or candidates with ambition to develop & looking for that opportunity
Full clean driving licence