Project Engineer - Site Based
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Established in 1968, EPS began as a modest electrical and pumping services business and developed into an innovative, internationally exporting product and service provider, focused upon the water, wastewater and clean technology sectors.
EPS is proud to be a genuine end-to-end service provider in the global water sector, providing large scale employment and bringing market leading, ground breaking and sustainable technologies to the market, while we work to improve water infrastructure in the regions where we are active.
Building the capabilities of our people is one of our key strategic pillars and we firmly believe in investing in our people’s success and the provision of continuous skills-based training and education.
Your journey is just beginning when you join EPS Group!
In this role, you will have the opportunity to be at the heart of one of our business units. You will be joining our Contracts team, primarily site-based in East Cork, working on construction and refurbishment of wastewater treatment infrastructure. Playing a key role within the team through co-ordination with the design team, subcontractor management and client engagement from project inception to handover.
- Develop and encourage a culture of innovation and initiative to all matters HSQE
- Prepare site HSQE signage plan. Carry out site inductions for all new personnel and toolbox talks on site and maintain records of same
- Review and authorise RAMS from all contractors & subcontractors on site and act on any recommendations / amendments
- Supervision and monitoring of all site activities to ensure compliance with RAMS
- Support site PM on construction risk management
- Liaise with Site Project Manager to develop and action HSQE and ecology audits
- Implementation of EPS construction and environmental management plan and waste management procedures
- Represent EPS on all stakeholder/general public HSQE communications
- Compile and submit HSQE document transmittals with site PM and compile project safety file
- Provide document control support to site PM and maintain EPS construction document registers
- Compile and submit construction/design/MEICA document transmittals with site PM and maintain register of same
- On-site procurement
- Manage site ERP system
- Prepare and submit monthly site progress reports and attend meetings
- Develop and maintain project asset register and equipment commissioning plans
- Compile the project completion safety file / O&M file in accordance with IW guidance documents and standards
- Degree in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical or Process Engineering or other relevant HSQE qualification
- HSQE management on any Irish Water infrastructure projects will be an advantage
- 2 or more years experience including on-site knowledge
- Possess a positive and pro-active approach to working in a team environment with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Client facing experience
- Experience would be desirable with MS Project, P6 and BIM 360
- Full clean driving licence