Project Engineer (Graduate)
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Established in 1968, EPS began as a modest electrical and pumping services business and developed into an innovative, internationally exporting product and service provider, focused upon the water, wastewater and clean technology sectors.
EPS is proud to be a genuine end-to-end service provider in the global water sector, providing large scale employment and bringing market leading, ground breaking and sustainable technologies to the market, while we work to improve water infrastructure in the regions where we are active.
Building the capabilities of our people is one of our key strategic pillars and we firmly believe in investing in our people’s success and the provision of continuous skills-based training and education.
Your journey is just beginning when you join EPS Group!
We are seeking to recruit Engineering Graduates from a Mechanical background to join our busy Contracts division based in Mallow, Co. Cork.
As part of our engineering team, you will be responsible for the engineering activities on a specific project or multiple projects dependent on size and complexity. Projects will include municipal and industrial wastewater treatment plants, drinking water treatment plants and various pumping stations. The activities associated with the project will vary and will be agreed with the Project Manager on an ongoing basis. You will support the design team through the process up to and including the onsite installation and commissioning.
Engineers will be expected, with guidance, to:
- Assist with the purchasing and acquisition of all BOQ items for projects including labour, parts and materials
- Timeline planning of all small industrial installations from awarding of contract to completion and handover of all documentation
- Coordinate site labour for projects
- Support with the completion of projects on time and within budget
- Invoicing and debt retrieval as appropriate
- Writing engineering reports, method statements and commissioning schedules
- Ensure the provision of O&M and Health & Safety documentation and enforcement of safe work practices onsite during all EPS installations
- Assist with the design review to identify design gaps and deviations or contractions in specifications
- Ensure that technical assessments are completed as required and technical issues are resolved without delay
- Support the compilation and issuing of technical submittals
- Manage submittals through the approvals process, track procurement and delivery of equipment and complete the receipt verification process once equipment is delivered
- Review the installation with the BIM team to ensure the design is constructible and that there is adequate space for installation and maintenance of all equipment and cabling
- Liaise with the design team & supply chain to ensure systems are compliant with specifications and drawings.Attend quality meetings and participate in QA/QC walk downs when required
- Evaluate the RFI responses to ensure that there are no engineering issues with them
- Review and answer technical queries from site in relation to specifications/drawings/materials and equipment
- Ensure site supervisors are working off latest drawings at all times
- Issue requisitions and ensure all materials delivered are as per specifications and submittals
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering