Salary Commensurate with Experience
Established in 1968, EPS began as a modest electrical and pumping services business and developed into an innovative, internationally exporting product and service provider, focused upon the water, wastewater and clean technology sectors.
EPS is proud to be a genuine end-to-end service provider in the global water sector, providing large scale employment and bringing market leading, ground breaking and sustainable technologies to the market, while we work to improve water infrastructure in the regions where we are active.
Building the capabilities of our people is one of our key strategic pillars and we firmly believe in investing in our people’s success and the provision of continuous skills-based training and education.
Your journey is just beginning when you join EPS Group!
We have an immediate vacancy for a Project Engineer based in our head office in Mallow, Co. Cork. This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast paced and innovative company. A minimum of 2 years relevant project engineering experience is required for this position.
As part of our engineering team you will be responsible for the engineering activities on a specific project or multiple projects dependent on size and complexity. Projects will include municipal wastewater treatment plants and associated infrastructure. The activities associated with the project will vary and will be agreed with the Project Manager on an ongoing basis. You will support the design team through the process up to and including the onsite installation and commissioning.
- Project management for a wastewater treatment design process.
- Timeline planning for design deliverables from concept stage to detailed design completion
- Managing and interfacing with a team of sub consultants
- Ensuring project deliverables are completed on time and within budget
- Managing and delivering engineering reports, method statements, risk assessments, construction programmes
- Development of target cost and engaging with our supply chain
- Assist with the purchasing and acquisition of all BOQ items for projects including labour, parts and materials
- Assist with the design review to identify design gaps and deviations or contractions in specifications
- Ensure that technical assessments are completed as required and technical issues are resolved without delay
- Support the compilation and issuing of technical submittals
- Liaise with the design team & supply chain to ensure systems are compliant with specifications and drawings
- Attend quality meetings and participate in QA/QC walk downs when required
- Evaluate the RFI responses to ensure that there are no engineering issues with them
- Review and answer technical queries from Design Team/Client in relation to specifications/drawings/materials and equipment
Skills / Attributes:
- Proficiency in PC skills to include reading ACAD and all MS Office and project software
- Working knowledge of conditions of contracts
- Excellent inter-personal skills and communication skills
- Strong engineering, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong collaborative skills with an ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Have a willingness to learn and be challenged in the water and wastewwater industry
- Have proven experience in an engineering role in an Electrical/Mechanical environment
- Experience in implementing opportunities and initiatives in a time restricted schedule
- Organise and plan technical meetings with clients and consulting engineers
- Develop specific goals and plans to prioritise, organise and accomplish stated deadlines
- Project engineering/site management/M&E installation, personnel management and any water &/or wastewater industry experience will be an advantage
Education Requirements – one of the following will be essential:
- Third level Mechanical Engineering degree
- Third level Electrical Engineering degree or diploma
- Similar relevant third level qualification and experience will be considered
- Full EU/ Irish driving licence
EPS is an equal opportunities employer.
Candidates must have a valid permit to work in Ireland.