Process Environmental Technician
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Established in 1968, EPS began as a modest electrical and pumping services business and developed into an innovative, internationally exporting product and service provider, focused upon the water, wastewater and clean technology sectors.
EPS is proud to be a genuine end-to-end service provider in the global water sector, providing large scale employment and bringing market leading, ground breaking and sustainable technologies to the market, while we work to improve water infrastructure in the regions where we are active.
Building the capabilities of our people is one of our key strategic pillars and we firmly believe in investing in our people’s success and the provision of continuous skills-based training and education.
Your journey is just beginning when you join EPS Group!
We have an exciting opportunity for an energetic and enthusiastic person to join our Operations
team as a vacancy has arisen for a Process Technician. The position will be based near Dublin 15.
The role requires a flexible person who is self-motivated, a self-starter who manages their time well.
The ideal candidate will have good communication skills and a good command of the English
language. The ability to communicate well at all levels within the company and clients.
Process commissioning of wastewater/drinking water treatment systems in various locations
• Day to day running of environmental services tasks ensuring the smooth operation of Drinking
Water/ Wastewater Treatment Plants, Waste Management Areas, Storm Water System,
Firewater Retention System Site Drainage System, Site Bunds and site environmental
sampling and monitoring schedules etc.
• Conduct daily environmental inspections in all areas
• Inspects, samples, analyze the Drinking Water/ Wastewater Treatment Plant Process and
makes process changes when required
• Removal of wastes from satellite locations and subsequent packing, labelling, loading and
associated paperwork completion of both hazardous and non-hazardous wastes
• Ensures that waste is properly identified, stored and disposed of
• Inspections, sampling and testing of site bunds contents and safe disposal of contents
• Liaise with site maintenance team in relation to equipment repairs and routine preventative
• Liaising with third party vendors to ensure all monitoring required is carried out as per Owners
• Issuing/Approving work permits for works to be carried out
• Compilation and issuing of weekly snapshot reports and participation in daily site meeting
• SOP, Risk assessment documentation updating
• Shift roster work required occasionally including weekends
Laboratory analysis skills
• Experience in drinking water/ waste water treatment and waste management environment
• PC skills such as Excel and Word essential
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
At least two years’ experience in a process industry (ideally with experience in an EPA
licenced industry with extensive knowledge of drinking water and waste water treatment plant
• Experience of waste management- specifically wastewater and recyclable/non-recyclable
• Experience with Environmental Management Systems – especially ISO 14001
• Computerised Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) experience is desirable but not
• Full clean drivers license
Degree in Environmental Science or Environmental Engineering (or other relevant science/
engineering degree). Candidates without Degree qualifications, but with satisfactory relevant
experience will be considered. Further training will be provided