Salary Commensurate with Experience
Established in 1968, EPS began as a modest electrical and pumping services business and developed into an innovative, internationally exporting product and service provider, focused upon the water, wastewater and clean technology sectors.
EPS is proud to be a genuine end-to-end service provider in the global water sector, providing large scale employment and bringing market leading, ground breaking and sustainable technologies to the market, while we work to improve water infrastructure in the regions where we are active.
Building the capabilities of our people is one of our key strategic pillars and we firmly believe in investing in our people’s success and the provision of continuous skills-based training and education.
Your journey is just beginning when you join EPS Group!
We are currently looking for a HSQE Officer to join our growing team. This is a full time role working from our branch in Naas, Co. Kildare and visiting various sites in the South Leinster area (Kildare, Wexford, Waterford & Wicklow sites).
- Ensuring compliance with all current legislation, including codes of practice and relevant standards
- Ensuring that the company procedures are being fully implemented
- Providing assistance to the project management team on practical management of the health, safety, quality and environmental systems. This will include identifying and assessing hazards and implementing appropriate controls
- Preparing health, safety, quality and environmental documents such as, method statement, risk assessments, health and safety plans, environmental management plans, quality management plans etc.
- Reviewing method statement risk assessments prepared by sub contractors to ensure compliance with legislation and the integrated management system
- Updating and maintaining records associated with the health, safety, quality and environmental management system
- Ensuring emergency plans are tested and reviewed periodically
- Completing site inspections and ensuring that non-conformances raised are successfully closed in a timely manner
- Carrying out accident / incident investigations to establish the root cause, implementing improvement actions and communicating lessons learned
- Ensuring that breaches of legislation are reported to the contracts director, health, safety, quality and environmental manager and HSQE advisor in a timely manner and that these issues are dealt with in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Liaising with all departments as required ensuring a good working relationship to achieve the best practices in health, safety, quality and environmental systems
- Building effective relationships with appropriate external bodies for the management of the health, safety, quality and environment management system. This will include the Health and Safety Authority, Environmental Protection Agency, etc.
- Monitoring and reporting on the performance of the health, safety, quality and environmental systems to management
- Attending the health, safety quality and environmental officer meetings and advising on suitable action plans
- Completing site inductions
- Recording and logging health, safety, quality and environmental statistics, as required
- Promoting continued improvement in health, safety, quality and environmental performance
- Postgraduate qualification in a relevant subject related to industrial health and safety management; and / or
- Three years experience in a health and safety role including experience implementing and operating an ISO management system