Salary Commensurate with Experience
Established in 1968, EPS began as a modest electrical and pumping services business and developed into an innovative, internationally exporting product and service provider, focused upon the water, wastewater and clean technology sectors.
EPS is proud to be a genuine end-to-end service provider in the global water sector, providing large scale employment and bringing market leading, ground breaking and sustainable technologies to the market, while we work to improve water infrastructure in the regions where we are active.
Building the capabilities of our people is one of our key strategic pillars and we firmly believe in investing in our people’s success and the provision of continuous skills-based training and education.
Your journey is just beginning when you join EPS Group!
We have an immediate vacancy for a Graduate Accountant to join our Finance team. The role will be based in our head office in Mallow, Co. Cork.
The Graduate Training programme will guarantee you broad based, hands on, practical experience in a supportive and encouraging learning environment. As a Graduate Accountant, you will be responsible for assisting the accounting and finance team in various financial tasks. This position offers an excellent opportunity for recent graduates to gain practical experience and develop their skills in a professional work environment. You will work closely with experienced accountants and finance professionals to support the organisation’s financial operations and contribute to its success. You will also receive support towards gaining a professional accountancy qualification.
- General Ledger Maintenance: Assist in maintaining and updating the general ledger by recording transactions accurately and in a timely manner
- Accounts Payable and Receivable: Help in processing and reconciling accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions
- Bank Reconciliation: Assist in reconciling the company’s bank statements and identifying any discrepancies
- Inventory Accounting: Assist in inventory planning and accuracy at company and group level by liaising with key suppliers, customers, and internal teams to meet commercial requirements
- Financial Analysis: Help in analysing financial data including contract profitability and progress reporting, costing and margin analysis
- Financial Reporting: Assist in preparing financial statements and profitability reports at contract, business unit and company level
- Expense Management: Assist in monitoring and analysing expenses to ensure accuracy and adherence to budgetary guidelines
- Auditing Support: Assist with internal and external audits by providing necessary documentation and information
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Participate in the budgeting and forecasting process to aid in financial planning and decision-making
- Software Utilization: Utilize accounting software and other financial tools proficiently to streamline processes and maintain accurate records
- Communication: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, providing financial information and insights as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and practices
- Proficiency in using accounting software and Microsoft Office
- Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy in data entry and analysis
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to handle multiple tasks effectively
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities and a commercial awareness
- Effective written and verbal communication skills to liaise with colleagues at all levels of the business
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Adaptability and willingness to learn and grow in the accounting profession