External Sales Engineer
Salary Commensurate with Experience
DPS has now become established as the leading supplier of high quality pumping, treatment and wet infrastructure equipment throughout Ireland.
We are looking to recruit an External Sales Engineer to maximize the opportunity to grow sales turnover and profitability covering all products and services, in co-operation and collaboration with the internal and external sales teams and other departments.
The key focus of the External Sales Engineer will be implementation of the Sales Strategy within a defined geographical region.
- Work closely with the Sales Manager to develop sales operations in line with company strategies and business objectives
- Achieve the financial and strategic targets set for the region
- Produce plans to promote the business and grow revenue of all product lines and services within the region
- Liaise closely with the external sales team to ensure cross-region communication of market knowledge, ideas, successes and, where appropriate, to adopt common approaches across the company
- Work closely with other sales personnel to ensure that sales potential and development opportunities are optimised
- Establish and develop ‘high level’ contact with key accounts in the region and arrange meetings with these contacts such that business direction and growth opportunities are identified and exploited
- Analyze market and company information and to use this to identify target customers, target projects and market opportunities
- Work closely with internal teams and resources ensuring that these resources are used efficiently to promote the company’s range of products and services
- Provide regular reports on market trends, competitor activity and threats to company revenue
- Provide forecasts of future sales
- Participation/co-ordination of conferences, presentations, seminars, exhibitions, etc.
- Ensure compliance with existing framework, distributor and discounting agreements
- Adhere to group Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Comply with company policies and EHSQ directives
- A mechanical or environmental engineering background would be beneficial
- Experience of selling to industrial end users in the Food & Beverage, Pharmaceutical or Data Centre sectors highly desirable
- Experience of working with public water utilities and knowledge of framework procurement practices of same
- Engineering application experience within the water and wastewater industry
- Experienced sales management skills
- Senior level negotiation