Salary Commensurate with Experience
Established in 1968, EPS began as a modest electrical and pumping services business and developed into an innovative, internationally exporting product and service provider, focused upon the water, wastewater and clean technology sectors.
EPS is proud to be a genuine end-to-end service provider in the global water sector, providing large scale employment and bringing market leading, ground breaking and sustainable technologies to the market, while we work to improve water infrastructure in the regions where we are active.
Building the capabilities of our people is one of our key strategic pillars and we firmly believe in investing in our people’s success and the provision of continuous skills-based training and education.
Your journey is just beginning when you join EPS Group!
We’re looking for a Design/Project Engineer to join our team based at our Centre for Design and Manufacturing Excellence in Mallow, Co. Cork. The successful candidate will coordinate the initial design phase of a wastewater treatment plant upgrade; liaise with multiple disciplines (Process, Civil, MEICA, etc) as well as key suppliers to allow for design to be transferred to the delivery team in a seamless manner.
• Assist with the purchasing of all BOQ items for projects including labour, parts and materials
• Support with the completion of projects on time and within budget
• Writing and management of project design reports
• Assist with the design review to identify design gaps and deviations or contractions in specifications
• Ensure that technical assessments are completed as required and technical issues are resolved without delay
• Support the compilation and issuing of technical submittals
• Manage submittals through the approvals process, track procurement and delivery of equipment and complete the receipt verification process once equipment is delivered
• Review the installation with the BIM team to ensure the design is constructible and that there is adequate space for installation and maintenance of all equipment and cabling
• Liaise with the design team & supply chain to ensure systems are compliant with specifications and drawings
• Attend quality meetings and participate in QA/QC walk downs when required
• Evaluate the RFI responses to ensure that there are no engineering issues with them.
• Review and answer technical queries from site in relation to specifications/drawings/materials and equipment
• Ensure site supervisors are working off latest drawings at all times
• Issue requisitions and ensure all materials delivered are as per specifications and submittals
• Water and/or Wastewater industry experience is preferred
• Project Engineering and Personnel Management will be an advantage
• Have proven experience in an engineering role in a Mechanical Environment
• Proficiency in PC skills to include reading ACAD and all MS office and project software
• Working knowledge of conditions of contracts
• Excellent inter-personal skills and communication skills
• Strong engineering, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong collaborative skills with an ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Have a willingness to learn and be challenged in the water and wastewater industry
• Experience in implementing opportunities and initiatives in a time restricted schedule
• Organise and plan technical meetings with clients and consulting engineers
• Develop specific goals and plans to prioritise, organise and accomplish stated deadlines