CAD Design Engineer (UK)
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Established in 1968, EPS began as a modest electrical and pumping services business and developed into an innovative, internationally exporting product and service provider, focused upon the water, wastewater and clean technology sectors.
EPS is proud to be a genuine end-to-end service provider in the global water sector, providing large scale employment and bringing market leading, ground breaking and sustainable technologies to the market, while we work to improve water infrastructure in the regions where we are active.
Building the capabilities of our people is one of our key strategic pillars and we firmly believe in investing in our people’s success and the provision of continuous skills-based training and education.
Your journey is just beginning when you join EPS Group!
As part of the on-going investment in our UK-based resource pool, we are seeking a CAD Design Engineer to support our business development and project delivery teams in the conceptual and early-stage design of our projects. This role will be based at our office in Alton, Hampshire, with an option for some hybrid working by mutual agreement.
The focus of the role will be primarily on producing general arrangement models and drawings to support tendering and early engagement activities.
The role would suit a flexible and enthusiastic individual with an attention for detail and a water industry background, including experience in delivering water and wastewater treatment projects. They will need to be self-motivated and willing to work in a small business environment, ideally with experience of working with Autodesk Revit.
- Production of detailed 3D general arrangement models using Autodesk Revit
- Production of 2D sheet drawings from the Revit models
- Have a good understanding of P&IDs, hydraulic profiles and how to produce them, etc
- Become familiar with and abide by all document control procedures and naming conventions
- Research information online and in catalogues to select suitable standard components in design
- Assist in dimensional measurement studies
- Remote attendance at drawing office meetings hosted from our headquarters in Ireland
- Participation in project team design meetings where needed
- Participation in Lean/Six Sigma improvement teams
- Other duties as may arise from time to time that are consistent with the job-holder’s knowledge and skills and are needed to effectively perform the role
- Diploma or equivalent in a relevant engineering/science discipline or CAD
- Minimum two years’ experience working with Autodesk Revit software
- Knowledge of other design software packages including Solidworks would be advantageous
- Experience within the UK water industry is a distinct advantage
- Able to demonstrate an ability to work on multiple projects or initiatives simultaneously
- Strong analytical and interpretive skills, ability to deliver data in a user friendly and relevant manner
- Competence in MS Office
- Organisational skills with a commitment to the role and a keen eye for detail
- An understanding of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures within an engineering technical discipline
- Appreciation of drawing standards and CAD software
- Ability to produce accurate 3D models and drawings based on instructions from project and/or senior engineers
- Observation and understanding of basic engineering practices and procedures
- A capacity to adhere to advice from more senior design engineers
- Willingness to travel occasionally for events, training, etc. if requested to do so
- Full driving licence, any existing endorsements should be declared in the application