Salary Commensurate with Experience
Established in 1968, EPS began as a modest electrical and pumping services business and developed into an innovative, internationally exporting product and service provider, focused upon the water, wastewater and clean technology sectors.
EPS is proud to be a genuine end-to-end service provider in the global water sector, providing large scale employment and bringing market leading, ground breaking and sustainable technologies to the market, while we work to improve water infrastructure in the regions where we are active.
Building the capabilities of our people is one of our key strategic pillars and we firmly believe in investing in our people’s success and the provision of continuous skills-based training and education.
Your journey is just beginning when you join EPS Group!
We are looking for an Automation Engineer based in the West/Northwest region, this position will include responsibility for automation and control systems design, specification, programming, simulation and testing, and start-up assistance.
- Working from an FDS or control philosophy to develop an IO list, hardware specification and PLC HMI programmes
- Set up modem links, radio links, web based remote SCADA access, control server set-up and maintenance
- On site commissioning of PLC system with electrical commissioning engineers
- Implement code changes on the automation systems under change control where required
- Investigate and provide technical advice and support to process engineers and other engineering disciplines on automation related issues
- Operate according to SOPs developed for site engineering and maintenance
- Partner with different disciplines to deliver automation projects in accordance with guidelines
- Generate documentation and SOPs associated with each of the automation systems as required
- Provide support to tendering department on Automation projects – specifying hardware, programming time etc
- Manage the specification, development, installation and validation of automation projects within budget and corporate guidelines
- B.Sc. degree in Engineering or equivalent, with particular emphasis in electrical, mechanical, electronic, automation and/or chemical discipline
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in industry, preferably in a water, wastewater or related industry
- We are also looking for graduates
- Experienced with programmable logic controllers (PLCs) and vision systems in operating environment
Working knowledge of following;
- PLCs & HMIs: Allen Bradley, Siemens, Mitsubishi, Schneider & Unitronics
- Field bus/Communication protocols: CanBus, DeviceNet, ControlNet, Profibus, CC-link, Modbus, Modbus TCP, Ethernet IP, ProfiNet.
- SCADA Packages: Wonderware Intouch, Indusoft, Citect, Broadwin, Iconics and OPC Servers
- M2M Platforms: leased line, GSM, GPRS/3G, broadband, fibre and radio modems and telemetry
- Structured Query Language (SQL), Web Browser, VB script, SMS functionality