Assistant Design Manager
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Established in 1968, EPS began as a modest electrical and pumping services business and developed into an innovative, internationally exporting product and service provider, focused upon the water, wastewater and clean technology sectors.
EPS is proud to be a genuine end-to-end service provider in the global water sector, providing large scale employment and bringing market leading, ground breaking and sustainable technologies to the market, while we work to improve water infrastructure in the regions where we are active.
Building the capabilities of our people is one of our key strategic pillars and we firmly believe in investing in our people’s success and the provision of continuous skills-based training and education.
Your journey is just beginning when you join EPS Group!
We require an Assistant Design Manager to assist with the delivery of our ECI Program for Uisce Eireann based at our head office in Mallow, Co. Cork.
The Assistant Design Manager is responsible for overseeing and managing the design engineering team and leading the development and execution of engineering design projects.
- Manage and mentor a team of design engineers, providing guidance, feedback, and support to foster professional growth and development
- Set clear goals and performance expectations for the team and regularly assess individual and team performance
- Coordinate team activities, assign project responsibilities, and ensure efficient resource allocation
- Lead the design engineering team in planning and executing design projects from concept to completion, ensuring adherence to project timelines, budgets, and quality standards
- Collaborate and management of cross-functional teams, including external specialist subcontractors for the following disciplines, planning, ecology, architectural, civil and structural, to define project requirements and ensure effective project coordination
- Regular evaluation of design engineering processes and workflows to enhance efficiency, quality, and innovation
- Identify opportunities that streamline design activities and improve productivity
- Stay abreast of industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in design engineering, and incorporate relevant advancements into the team’s processes
- Ensure that design solutions comply with applicable industry standards, regulations, and customer specifications
- Conduct design reviews and participate in risk assessments to identify and mitigate potential design issues or challenges
- Collaborate with external stakeholders, such as subconsultants, and subcontractor teams, to understand Uisce Eireann requirements and align design engineering efforts with business objectives
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering or a related field
- Relevant experience in design engineering, including a proven track record of working on and managing engineering projects
- Strong technical knowledge in relevant engineering disciplines and design principles
- A working knowledge of Software packages such as Revit, AutoCAD and Solid works, Microsoft Office, SAP, IFS
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks, allocate resources, and manage competing deadlines
- Strong leadership and team management abilities, with a focus on fostering a collaborative and high-performing work environment
- Experience in design within the Irish water industry