Apprentice & Graduate Co-Ordinator
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Established in 1968, EPS began as a modest electrical and pumping services business and developed into an innovative, internationally exporting product and service provider, focused upon the water, wastewater and clean technology sectors.
EPS is proud to be a genuine end-to-end service provider in the global water sector, providing large scale employment and bringing market leading, ground breaking and sustainable technologies to the market, while we work to improve water infrastructure in the regions where we are active.
Building the capabilities of our people is one of our key strategic pillars and we firmly believe in investing in our people’s success and the provision of continuous skills-based training and education.
Your journey is just beginning when you join EPS Group!
We are looking for an Apprentice and Graduate Programme Co-ordinator to join our growing HR team based at our head office in Mallow, Co. Cork.
This position will involve overseeing and managing the apprenticeship and graduate programmes, ensuring their successful implementation, and facilitating the professional growth and development of apprentices and graduates.
The role involves collaborating with various stakeholders, including managers, mentors, educational institutions and the apprentices or graduates themselves.
- Collaborate with HR and management to design and develop comprehensive apprentice and graduate programmes that align with the organization’s goals and workforce needs
- Create and implement policies, procedures, and guidelines for the apprenticeship and graduate programmes
- Conduct research on industry best practices to enhance the effectiveness of the programmes
Recruitment and Selection:
- Coordinate the recruitment and selection process for apprentices and graduates
- Liaise with educational institutions and local schools to attract potential candidates
- Screen applications, conduct interviews, and assess candidates’ suitability for the programmes
On-boarding and Orientation:
- Develop and deliver onboarding and induction programs to welcome and integrate new apprentices and graduates into the organization
- Coordinate with various departments to ensure a smooth onboarding process
- Provide necessary training and resources to support their successful integration into the workforce
Training and Development:
- Design and deliver training programmes to enhance the skills and competencies of apprentices and graduates
- Collaborate with internal departments and external trainers to organize workshops, seminars and mentoring sessions
- Monitor the progress of apprentices and graduates, providing feedback and guidance as needed
- Implement performance evaluation systems for apprentices and graduates to assess their progress and development
- Conduct regular performance reviews and identify areas for improvement
- Assist in resolving any performance-related issues and provide constructive feedback
Mentorship and Support:
- Match apprentices and graduates with suitable mentors within the company
- Facilitate mentorship relationships, ensuring effective communication and guidance
- Act as a point of contact for apprentices and graduates, addressing their questions and concerns
Compliance and Documentation:
- Ensure compliance with relevant apprenticeship and graduate programmes regulations and requirements
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of programme participants, progress, and achievements
Reporting and Analysis:
- Prepare regular reports on the performance and outcomes of the apprentice and graduate programmes
- Analyse data to identify trends, areas for improvement and programme success metrics
- Bachelors degree in a related field desirable but not essential
- Previous experience in talent development and managing apprentices or graduates
- Knowledge and technical ability of mechanical and electrical fields
- Strong organisational and project management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities
- Ability to work collaboratively with various stakeholders
- Knowledge of apprenticeship and graduate program regulations and best practices
- Analytical skills for data analysis and program evaluation
- A passion for fostering the professional growth of young talent